What we do:
Global Spatial Technology Solutions (GSTS) is a Global Maritime Intelligence company delivering solutions to enhance decision making across the maritime and logistics industry. Our platform, OCIANA™, is designed to save lives, energy and the environment on a global scale using innovative data collection and analysis techniques.
GSTS is building up a team to support the continued development and commercialization of this capability that will have a major impact on maritime risk and vessel efficiency on a global scale. We seek individuals with drive, initiative, and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all. Read more at: www.gsts.ca
As part of our team, you will contribute to the development of our OCIANA™ Platform, a Software as a Service (SAAS) product line, as well as a wide range of other projects. You’ll work closely with the software development team and product leads to ensure designs are accurately implemented and meet the key requirements. Your duties will include:
- Work with the Product Designer to take mock-ups and prototypes through to HTML/CSS so we can integrate into our products.
- Plan and implement new designs.
- Optimize existing user interface designs.
- Perform pre-implementation testing of new ideas before implementing concepts and prototypes.
We use Gitlab throughout to manage our projects, with CI/CD processes to deploy to the cloud effectively and reliably.
- At least 5 years of commercial web development experience with HTML and CSS
- Experienced in designing Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Proven and demonstratable portfolio of design work.
- Ability to interpret and accurately recreate mockups in HTML/CSS
- Ability to follow best practices when writing HTML/CSS
- Strong familiarity with commonly UI design tools (Sketch, AdobeXD, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Working experience with version control (Gitlab, git, etc.).
Additional skills an asset:
- Knowledge of leading web frameworks/libraries (React, Leaflet, etc.)
- Experience with NodeJS in development workflow
- Previous experience creating interactive design prototypes.
- Experience as well as a passion for solving complex problems and for delivering quality results.
- Strong customer empathy and willingness to learn.
- Experience of collaborating across teams to deliver complete features and end-to-end customer experiences.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and be able to obtain Controlled Goods clearance. Work can be done remotely, if located in the Halifax area a hybrid working environment is available to employees.
Why work for us:
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging amongst our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Potential candidates should submit their resume along with a required cover letter outlining experience specific to the job description and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.