What we do
GSTS is a leading-edge Artificial Intelligence company developing solutions for the maritime sector. Our solutions allow for real time decision-making intelligence to save lives, energy, and the environment.
As part of our team, you will support the continued development of OCIANA™ our platform that has been designed to deliver integrated solutions to enhance decision making across the maritime industry., .
The candidate’s primary focus will be on the development of front-end web applications, working in collaboration with developers and data scientists; and as a part of the technical team working to ensure designs are accurately implemented and the main application functionality is created and refined. We use Gitlab throughout to manage our projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right experience, having a strong drive to learn new technologies and wanting to work on innovative, decision-support solutions, that utilize Artificial Intelligence and Big Data analytics.
Mandatory Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial experience in a senior role
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial React experience, v.16 or later
- Experience with:
- state management (e.g., Redux, useContext, useReducer, etc.)
- Working with react hooks
- Creating custom hooks
- CSS tools (e.g., Daisy-ui, Tailwind, etc.)
- TSX (TypeScript + JSX)
- RESTFul API integrations
- Experience writing tests and documentation using the following tools:
- React Test Suite
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of NodeJS
- Experience with version Control (Gitlab, GIT, etc.)
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies
- Strong self-initiative and work ethic
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be open able to show prior work or portfolio
Additional Experience an asset
- Experience using mapping libraries such as:
- Leaflet JS
- Google Maps API
- Experience with other front-end technologies, i.e. VueJs, Svelte, Angular, etc.
- Experience with R
This position can be remotely based, we look to hire the best candidates to join our team from across Canada.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain Security and Controlled Goods Clearances and must be willing to obtain a criminal background check.
Why work for us?
GSTS is an exciting company developing solutions using the latest in Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and various other cutting-edge technologies, striving to make a real-world difference.
If you are curious and interested in working on solutions that made a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply at email@example.com
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.